Cutting edge Active Optical Cable (AOC) HDMI technology supporting 4K @ 60Hz resolutions at longer lengths than copper cable can achieve. 32 channels of audio. 18Gbits/s TMDS bandwidth up to full length.
This is a HDMI 2.0 active optical cable designed for long-distance AV distribution that demands highest quality signal. The cable is thinner, lighter and more flexible than copper cable supporting 4K@60Hz (4:4:4) up to 100m. This AOC cable requires no external power supply.
Please Note: This cable is directional. The plug labelled “DISPLAY” must be plugged into the TV Monitor input and the other plug labelled “SOURCE” must be plugged into the media source output.
- 4K/UHD – Video resolution up to 18G 4K@60 4:4:4.
- HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 Compliant.
- HDR 10 (High Dynamic Range) – More life-like images through a greater range of luminance levels.
- Available in lengths up to 100m.
- Zero compression and zero latency.
- Multi-channel Audio Extension – Up to 32 channels of uncompressed digital stereo signals for studio-grade surround sound.
- EDID Pass Thru – Pass EDID signals from the display to source.
- EMI & RFI Immunity.
- No external power supply required.
- Easy to Use – Simple to install, plug and play.
What is AOC HDMI?
Active Optical Cable HDMI does exactly the same thing as a standard HDMI cable, with one major difference which is very important for installers. AOC cables allow lossless signal transfer over far greater distances than copper HDMI cables and even HDMI UTP baluns!
Normal copper HDMI cables start to lose bandwidth at lengths of 7.5m or more, steadily reducing the quality and even maximum resolution of the cable until eventually at 20m they reach their maximum distance. AOC HDMI cables use an optical fibre (much like S/PDIF audio) which can be run over distances up to 100m at full 4K @ 60Hz video and lossless digital audio.