This part continues from our Wedding DJ series. To view the previous articles,
STEP #6: THE OFFICIAL ENTRANCE (MC Task)
This will be your second time on the Microphone. Firstly, ask the guests to remain seated. Then, introduce the Bridal party (generally in this order):
- Father & Mother of the Bride
- Father and Mother of the Groom
- Bridesmaids & Groomsmen
- Best man and Matron of Honour – Usually accompanied by Flower girl(s) / Pageboy(s)
- Bridegroom & Bride
It is becoming more common these days for the Bridal Party to enter as one group with the Bride and Groom entering last. Find out which approach they prefer prior to the event. Your announcements for this sequence should go something like this:
1. ANNOUNCE THE BRIDE’S PARENTS
“If I could ask that you please put your hands together for the Bride’s Mother and father [names, e.g Sarah and Kevin Williams]”
2. ANNOUNCE THE GROOM’S PARENTS
“A warm welcome for the Groom’s mother and father [names]”
3. ANNOUNCE THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE BRIDAL PARTY
“A round of applause for the Bridesmaids….(name them), escorted by the Groomsmen…(name them) and joined by…Best man and Matron of Honour…(name them) accompanied by the Flower Girl(s) and Pageboy(s)….
STEP #7: KEY ANNOUNCEMENT – ENTRANCE OF THE BRIDE AND GROOM (MC Task)
This is the most important announcement of the event, so make sure it is delivered confidently.
“And for the most important people today…”
“The reason why we’re all here is to celebrate the marriage of Sylvia and Tony…”
And then say:
“I’d like you to all be upstanding and join me in welcoming Mr and Mrs (last name) in their first public appearance as husband and wife.”
MUSIC: During the entrance of the Bride and Groom, the DJ plays the music that was requested for the occasion. If none was chosen, then use your discretion.
Some entrance suggestions include:
- Love Theme from St Elmo’s Fire
· Traditional Wedding March
• “Beautiful Day” – U2
• When Love Takes Over – David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland
• “Party Rock Anthem” – LMFAO
• Theme Song from Pirates of the Caribbean
• “The Final Countdown” – Europe
• For a Moment Like This – Kelly Clarkson
• Theme Song from the Movie Star Wars
• “Party Rock Anthem” – LMFAO
• Viva La Vida – Coldplay
• “Top Gun Anthem” – Harold Faltermeyer
• Give Me Everything Tonight – Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo and Nayer
• “Thunderstruck” – AC/DC
• Run this Town – Jay-Z, Rihanna and Kanye West
• Pump It Up – Danzel
• I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
• “Marry You” – Bruno Mars
• We Will Rock You – Queen
• Welcome to the Jungle – Guns and Roses
You will obviously need to have discussed this song with the Bride and Groom as part of your initial preparation questions. This list is my no means exhaustive and may only be used as a guide and to bring some ideas to the table.
Remember to fade the music when you are making any announcements during this period.
Please share this post if you have enjoyed it!
We would love to hear your comments, questions or ideas so please leave a reply below..