SUMMARY – STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE – Lightsounds
- IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THIS AGREEMENT: please read these summary of Conditions of Sale carefully * The goods are only sold subject to Lightsounds standard conditions of sale * By placing an order for the goods you are agreeing to be bound by the standard Lightsounds conditions and terms of this sale which may be provided on request (This is not the full text of such conditions, only a key summary) * Please choose goods “bought in store” carefully as we do not refund but will gladly exchange within 7 days of purchase providing the product can be re-used and be sold in new condition including all packaging, manuals and accessories as new * A cancellation fee of 20% of total purchase price or a restocking fee of the greater of 20% of total purchase price or $20.00 applies * Goods purchased through mail or web order attract a 7 day money back guarantee * Lay-by items must be paid in full within 6 weeks * A 20% deposit is required for all Lay-by purchases which is not refundable * All Second hand and ex-demo goods are sold as is, with no warranty * Check all goods carefully as later claims for damage may not be accepted * Unpaid accounts shall bear interest at the rate of 5% per month * Freight is payable by buyer * Goods will be dispatched as soon as payment is received by Lightsounds * Payment must be by CHEQUE, CREDIT CARD, DIRECT DEPOSIT, EFTPOS, PAYPAL OR CASH. *The conditions and terms of sale may be altered at any time by Lightsounds* (If there is any inconsistency as between this summary and the standard Lightsounds terms and conditions of sale, the Lightsounds standard terms and conditions from time to time shall apply).
- SCOPE: The conditions herein apply to all orders placed by the Buyer with the Seller unless amended in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer of the Seller. By placing any purchase order with the Seller, the Buyer accepts the conditions contained herein. The Seller’s failure to object to any breach of any term or condition of this Agreement by the Buyer shall not be deemed to be a waiver of these terms and conditions.
- PAYMENT: Terms of payment are to be negotiated between the Seller and the Buyer. Payment must be by BANK CHEQUE, MONEY ORDER, CREDIT CARD, EFTPOS OR CASH. If payment is by personal or company cheque the goods will only be dispatched after the cheque has cleared. Direct Deposit advice to be faxed to Lightsounds. Minor defects in the goods shall not entitle the Buyer to withhold payment thereof. If the Buyer defaults in payment or breaches any of these conditions the Buyer will be liable for all costs incurred by the Seller to recover moniesowing by the Buyer to the Seller. Account facilities available: subject to Lightsounds standard account conditions and may be altered at any time. A copy may be obtained on request. Terms and conditions of any particular individual finance provider will apply to any purchase for which finance is applied for. Buyers are solely responsible for familiarising themselves with such and the interest rate payable to such financiers and Lightsounds accept no responsibility or liability for any such finance contract(s) or arrangement(s). Buyers alone shall be responsible for obtaining and understanding such terms/conditions.
- TAXES: GST is included in the prices in the Seller’s Suggested Retail Price-list.
- EXECUTION OF ORDERS: Execution of orders is contingent upon the availability of goods and the absence of any extraordinary circumstances which hinder or prevent such execution. Some products and services are not available at all stores.
- DELIVERY: Whilst the Company undertakes that every effort will be made to ensure that goods are delivered promptly, no liability will be accepted for delay in dispatch or delivery of goods. Any times quoted for delivery of goods are estimates only. The Seller shall not be liable for any costs or damages whatsoever in relation to the supply of goods. Delivery dates will be extended where delays occur due to matters beyond the Seller’s control until cessation of such matters. Delay in consignment of any part of an order will not relieve the Buyer of its obligation to accept and pay for the remainder of the order. International orders: Lightsounds not obliged to supply any customs documentation. If goods are returned, customs documentation must be included.
- FREIGHT: Freight is payable by the Buyer. Freighted goods via Lightsounds recommended freight company includes compulsory insurance. The Seller shall not be responsible for freight, insurance, packing, delivery, storage, handling or any similar charges. The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from delay or inability to deliver due to circumstances beyond the Seller’s control. The Seller’s responsibility for damage or shortages ceases with the dispatch of the goods to the Buyer.
- TITLE: Risk in the goods shall pass to the Buyer upon dispatch of the goods from the Seller to any carrier but title in the goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received unconditional payment in full for the goods and actually received payment of money/cash or confirmed receipt as such to the sellers sole satisfaction in respect of any transaction, EFTPOS, Credit or debit card sale. The Seller reserves the right to repossess goods in which title has not passed at any time without notice.
- CANCELLATION OF ORDERS: An order with the Seller cannot be cancelled or delivery delayed without the Seller’s prior written agreement. Specific goods procured for the Buyer will be delivered to the Buyer. No application for cancellation will be considered unless made by the Buyer in writing to the Seller. Cancellation or variation of any order may be made only with the written consent of the Seller. A deposit of 50% of the invoice cost shall be required in advance on all special orders and such deposit shall be forfeited if the order is cancelled by the Buyer. All other cancellations will incur a cancellation charge of 20% of the purchase price of the goods.
- PRICES: All published prices include GST. Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices are correct at the time of catalog printing/web publishing. Lightsounds will however use their best efforts to hold prices for the life of the printed catalog.
- GOODS: All diagrams, illustrations, descriptions and dimensions appearing in the catalog/website are approximate and included for guidance only. In line with our policy of continuous improvement, we reserve the right to make design or product alterations, or to discontinue any item as may be necessary without prior notification. The Seller shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred to the Buyer as a result of changes to product ranges, specifications, design changes or modifications, or changes in warranties.
- POINT OF DELIVERY, PASSING OF RISK AND NON DELIVERY: The Buyer will pay for and take delivery at the Buyer’s nominated address. The Seller accepts no liability for damage to goods in transit or for non-delivery. Lightsounds’ responsibility for the goods ceases when the goods are handed to the carrier – this applies to goods lost or damaged in transit.
- WARRANTY: In the event that title in the goods shall pass to the Buyer then as from the moment of passing of title the Seller warrants those goods only against manufacturers defects for a period of 90 days or as otherwise specified. Upon prepaid return of goods, the Seller will if it finds the part to be defective, at its option, repair or replace such goods provided that the goods are not altered or repaired by any person other than the Seller’s authorized representatives. To the extent permitted by law all implied warranties pursuant to the Sale of Goods Act (NSW) or any other Statute are expressly excluded. The warranty does not cover damage due to normal wear and tear, improper installation, abuse, improper maintenance or unauthorized service, misuse or neglect or failure to follow correctly any instructions or procedures supplied or given in respect of the goods. Under no circumstance shall the Seller be liable to pay compensation for any injury,loss or damage howsoever arising, consequential damage, loss of time, inconvenience, incidental expenses, labor as material charges in the connection with the removal, repair or replacement of the goods. Sales docket/Cash register receipts must be produced by purchasers to claim any warranty.
There is no Warranty given for lamps, cross faders, phono/line switches, channel faders, mirror balls, glass, diodes, laser tubes, batteries, styli, leads, belts, and/or any item subject to wear and tear. The Seller accepts no responsibility in respect of any minor variations between samples shown to the Buyer and actual goods supplied. The Seller accepts no responsibility in respect of calculations, estimations or advice of any nature given by any member of its staff. No responsibility will be accepted by the Seller for goods used for purposes other than those for which they were designed. The Seller accepts no responsibility in relation to minor scratches on the surface of goods; this is considered to be a hazard of the industry.
- LAMPS: Unless otherwise specified the Seller’s goods do not include lamps.
- ORDERS: To be phoned through, faxed, posted or placed on the Lightsounds Website. All orders must be in writing unless made in person. Prices quoted are inclusive of G.S.T. where applicable.
- RETURNS: the Seller will not accept returns unless:-
- Prior authorization has been given to the Seller in writing for the return of the goods
- A 20 % restocking charge paid for “not wanted” or “incorrectly ordered” goods. A Minimum restocking charge of twenty dollars will apply.
- Satisfaction guarantee: We understand that it is not possible for all customers to make it into the store located closest to them. So for customers located in remote areas (outside of capital cities) who cannot make it into a store we provide the unique service of a 7 day money back guarantee when you purchase goods by mail or web order. We are very confident that you will be satisfied with your purchases. Goods must be returned to the Seller within 7 days of delivery, and must be in original unmarked packaging suitable for resale as determined by the Seller. Freight on returns is prepaid by the Buyer and the reason for the return is clearly stated on the Buyer’s return docket. You must present the original sales docket.
No warranty or stock return authorization will be issued for goods especially acquired for the Buyer or if the goods sold were second quality, discontinued lines, non stock lines, goods made to order, custom made, specially designed for a specific need or specially ordered in accordance with the Buyer’s order, ex-display stock, or goods sold at sale or special prices.
- REPAIRS: Repairs must be collected and be paid for by the Buyer within 7 days of completion. Any repair not collected will be sold and the repair costs deducted from the sale proceeds and in these circumstances the Buyer hereby authorizes the Seller to sell the goods on the Buyer’s behalf.
- TERMINATION OF SELLER: Should this agreement be terminated for any purpose whatsoever the Seller shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages as a result thereof and the Seller shall be entitled to payment for all goods consigned to the Buyer up to the effective date of termination of this Agreement.
- LAY-BYS: The Seller may at its absolute discretion agree to the Buyer purchasing the goods by Lay-by and the following provisions shall apply:
- A 20% non refundable deposit must be paid by the Buyer to secure the purchase of the goods.
- Lay-by will only apply to goods with a purchase price of $100 or more
- Lay-by goods must be paid for in full within 6 weeks form the date of the payment of the deposit
- any lay-by goods not paid for in full by the due date or any Lay-byscancelled will incur the forfeiture of the 20% deposit without notice to the buyer.
- The Seller will not be responsible or liable for any lay by goods not paid for within the 6 week period and the Seller is entitled to resell the lay-by goods after that period without notice to the Buyer.
- N.B. : the contents of the catalog and Website is copyright to Lightsounds while acknowledging that some third parties have provided some source material. Catalog or Website content cannot be reproduced in any form without express written permission form Lightsounds. All or any intellectual property, patents, trade marks, designs registered/unregistered, appearances or any other attributes of any product(s) & services appearing are the strict property as applicable of Lightsounds, its suppliers and manufacturers and may not be reproduced in any way shape or form.
- DISCLAIMER: The information contained in the catalog and Website has been provided in good faith and whilst every care has been taken to ensure the information in the catalog and website is correct, Lightsounds does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. New development is continuous and published information may not be up to date. Specifications, information & descriptions are intended for general guidance only. Readers should not rely on this catalog without first obtaining advice from appropriate professionals such as qualified & licensed engineers and electricians suitable to individual circumstances. The catalog and Website are published/distributed on the understanding that the authors, editors, publishers and printers are not responsible for the results of any action taken on the basis of any information contained and they are not engaged in rendering technical advice or professional service to the public. The publisher, authors, editors & printers expressly disclaim all liability for the results of action taken or not taken on the basis of information contained therein.
- LIGHTSOUNDS TRADE and WHOLESALE:
If you are a bulk user, service agent, installer, or an organization purchasing in commercial quantities you may be eligible for wholesale prices.
To find out if you are eligible contact Lightsounds Wholesale on (02) 9718 4900 or fax (02) 9718 5900 (international callers phone 612 9718 4900 or fax 612 9718 5900). Wholesale prices are not available from Lightsounds stores.
- LIGHTSOUNDS DEALERS: If you are a re-seller of electronic goods or lighting, audio or laser equipment you may be able to increase your income by reselling Lightsounds products. For more information contact Lightsounds Business Opportunities on (02) 95600 300.
- LIGHTSOUNDS PREMIER DEALERSHIP:
A Lightsounds Premium dealership is the ideal opportunity to own and operate a bona fide Lightsounds outlet with minimum outlay. For more information contact Lightsounds Business Opportunities on (02) 9560 0300
If you are engaged in any of the following or related industries it may be that we can supply you products at “trade” that up until now you may not have thought possible:
- reselling products like those in this website
- you run a hire business
- you are an electrician
- you are an installer, tech., cable installer, repairman
Lightsounds has a Trade facility available at every Lightsounds store to provide you with a facility to purchase goods at special trade prices.
We are keen to get your business and have worked out some great prices on things that you are likely to use, e.g. security and surveillance products, plugs, adaptors, speaker hardware and components, cabling, commercial sound products, lighting, consumables and the list goes on.
If you are interested in applying to be a Lightsounds trade customer simply ask your local Lightsounds dealer for an application form. If approved, we will send you a laminated photo ID trade discount card which you keep on you and may use at any store.
Discounts off our normal low prices average 15%, depending on the item and quantity purchased.